Galactic Duel Academy
Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary  JQWCF3a
Galactic Duel Academy
Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary  JQWCF3a

Where Duelists Unlock Their Galactic Powers!

HomeportalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 326 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:19 pm

Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
HighPriestSeto
HighPriestSetoPhoton Red

Posts Posts : 8
Join date Join date : 2014-04-13

Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary  Empty
PostSubject: Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary    Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 6:16 am

Hello everyone, im a new "Red" here. (too bad we don't have jackets XD i'd honestly buy one)
in anycase here is my dorm room. If anyone want to leave a duel request or needs my help troubleshooting, tweeking, or making ideas for a duel deck. by all means drop by leave your Name and a form of contact you are okay with me having if any at all rather it be PM,Skype,Yahoo, So on so forth. i'll swing by. see if i can help. or to duel you.  i look forward too working with all my teachers and fellow students. Let us pave the way for the future of duel monsters! I hope that too all my Red Brothers and sisters that the glory of victory be yours!

I've decided that i shall make this also into a Duel Dairy, once or twice a day. i will take information i've obtained though dueling and place it in my dorm for other members to read in hopes that it will educate them. after all we are all hear to learn thus we should all be willing to teach.

Last edited by HighPriestSeto on Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:36 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary    Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 9:18 am

Hello seto, glad to have a new student, WELCOME Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HighPriestSeto
HighPriestSetoPhoton Red

PostSubject: Re: Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary    Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2014 2:43 pm

It is a pleasure. i look forward to what i may learn from this establishment

Edit: Diary Duel Note #1: (For the readers, i wish for everyone else not to know the deck i run. i showed it to one person already and turned out to be a mistake on my end. so i'll be using "Keywords" )

I've uncovered a new tactic with "Delta flyer" that lets me summon my "Boss Monster" faster. by granting a star to my "Sub Monster" i may search my deck,hand,graveyard and summon my "Boss"
i can make very good use of this move in a duel. however. i'm currently at a stand still, with the loss of morphing jar. i find that now there are a lot of things i can not do because i lack proper draw power. i refuse to run Pot of duality because of its Anti Special summon rule. With my deck a Special summon is  a must at all times. for that reason anything that hurts special summons just cant be used.

Right now i'm working on a few new projects, i have an idea for a god card deck using a combo i've learned off the final episode of the first "Yu-Gi-Oh" when i tested this combo in the past i've found that it worked perfectly. since this deck is not a main deck. i do not mind sharing the combo idea

First you special summon "The Tricky" than you play the trap card "Ojama Trio" to give your opponent 3 monsters, than you use the quick play spell card "Tricky Spell 4" to tribute your "The Tricky" and special summon monsters equal to the amount of monsters your opponent controls. 3 Monters to 3 monsters, 1 god summon. the issue with this combo is its a  -3 for a +1. however as we all know Traps and quick plays can be used at ANY TIME during a duel, even off a chain. there for it is a perfect combo for that reason. other than the Gods, Tricky, Ojama, Trio and tricky spell 4. i've not figured out how to work this deck. from my current ability level. i'm thinking i should use warrior monsters. after all 2 M.Captians= field block. but then there is an issue of needing the things that specialize Each God.  Ra: Life Points, Obelisk: Mosters  Slifer: Cards
with a warrior deck, Your ability to "Macro Summon" is VERY HIGH so i think that is my best rout.

Side note: a "Macro summon" is the act of special summoning 2 or more monsters before you even play your normal summon for your turn or special summon even AFTER your normal summon. however monster reborn is not a "Proper Macro Summon" because its only a +1 for 1+.

On another note, i'm trying to make up a new duel Formula that lets me Draw more of "What i Need" and less of "What i can use at that time" "Zane Truesdale/Ryo Marufuji" Said it best.
"there is a difference from using a card and playing a card." i currently use a 22-8-10 formula in all my decks.

22 Monsters
8 Spells
10 Traps

and that is a GREAT Formula. but as of late a lot of things i do are being stopped by simple negate cards. so i think i want to start at the basics and re think my formula

That ends this First Duel note, i hope that people here found it useful. and liked reading it as much as i enjoyed writing it

Last edited by HighPriestSeto on Tue Apr 15, 2014 5:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HighPriestSeto
HighPriestSetoPhoton Red

PostSubject: Re: Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary    Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 2:34 am

Duel Diary Note #2: Azhar007 of purple dorm is my current rival, his way of dueling is highly skilled and requires lots of practice to do the things he is able to do. for that he has my praise. but in some aspects i find it to be slightly disrespectful. with such high output the way his decks have  it feels like his deck and the souls of his monsters tell you "You cant have fun or learn from this because we wont let you survive past turn 1-2"  for this reason His Lava and koa'ki meiru monsters are my current targets. During a duel this morning he faced my "Black Magicians" and i was able to beat in a single duel but not the over all match him with a 2 turn Macro summon combo where i played 2 trickys, a Chaos Sorcerer and a breaker the magical warrior while his field remained empty. that duel made me feel shallow. he is way better than that. i chalk it up to a hand he either did not know what to do with or just could not play it. but either way. i can and will only accept the fact i beat him. when i beat him at his best. mean while, he showed me a new card that will greatly help the draw issue i spoke about it will be out in the near future.

" Name: Gaurded Treasure Type: Continuous Spell Card Effect:
Activate this card by discarding 5 cards; draw 2 cards. While this card is on the field, draw 2 cards instead of 1 for your normal draw during your Draw Phase."

i look forward to this card.
Back to top Go down
HighPriestSeto
HighPriestSetoPhoton Red

PostSubject: Re: Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary    Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 15, 2014 8:48 pm

Duel Diary Note #3: Today i finished the god project. and tested it on someone here named "CoolBore" the deck is slow but had a very wide range of strategies, counters, and strength, In my first duel i had Drawn Ra,Tricky,Dim Prison,Dim Prison, Magic Cylinder. i had a counter based hand so i set two traps on turn one. and from there on out i had only played face down a turn. it was around turn 2 or 3 that i had drawn Ojama trio and later on after the tokens were go he had summoned 2 monsters. using a drain shield i had drawn during those 2-3 turns i boosted my life points to 8100 then i turned those monsters on him with The Tricky and Tricky Spell 4. giving me 4 monters. and with the sacred chant of RA i summoned the Wing Dragon of RA with 8000 attack power and no means to counter it. he had no way out. in the 2nd duel. it was not at all a god who won me the match rather it was Black Luster, The Tricky, and Gilford The Lightning. the only problem with the deck. is i'm not playing enough monsters. i need a way to special summon my warrior cards A LOT quicker rather their from deck or grave. if i can figure that out. this deck could be on par with my #1 deck.

Side Note: Keep in mind that a handful of blackwing cards do perice damage. and have VERY easy Macro summons
Back to top Go down
HighPriestSeto
HighPriestSetoPhoton Red

PostSubject: Re: Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary    Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2014 7:10 am

Duel diary note #4 What does it mean to be a duelist? for many this is nothing more than a game, a game that takes pieces of cardboard, some art work, and some numbers give them rules in which players must obey but for others. duel monsters is a reflection of what may sleep with in each of us. with me for example. The Blue Eyes White Dragon, 3000 attack power, 2500 defense points, a Light type monster that reads

"This legendary dragon is a powerful engine of destruction. Virtually invincible, very few have faced this awesome creature and lived to tell the tale."

rather anyone finds what i say to be true, or think that i'm "Silly" or "This is all in his head its just a card" the fact is, i have an attachment with the Blue Eyes White Dragon that goes far beyond duel monsters it shows who i am as a person. in a way the card is my protector. i feel better when i'm with my blue eyes cards, i feel powerful when i play my blue eyes cards. in fact i keep an extra blue eyes inside the rim of my favorite Fadora hat.

in short, to be a duelist. is to take something that you have a connection with and make that connection stronger, vaster, mature with every game, every setback and ever step forward to know that in every game something about you that was flawed before changes for the better both as a person and as a Duelist. You personally make it yours. make it so no one can take it from you. you're most recognized when you play it. you FEEL something when you see it. when you play it. when you place your hand on top of your deck and know that in this one moment. it will be there. rather by chance or card effect. you always know that card in that time of need, in that moment of crazy Anime, card game passion.. that the moment that card goes into your hand. its going to be YOUR monster.

to be a duelist is not about "Playing what wins" and its not about "wining" at all. Winning and losing are nothing more than outcomes after the duel. what matters is during the duel. and that falls on each one of us. from the moment we bought our first Kaiba Seto/ Muto Yugi deck. and then took the cards from that deck and expanded to new ideas.. We all found what we were connected with. There are 22 Monster types in Duel Monsters
Aqua
Beast
Beast-Warrior
Dinosaur
Divine-Beast
Dragon
Fairy
Fiend
Fish
Insect
Machine
Plant
Psychic
Pyro
Reptile
Rock
Sea Serpent
SpellCaster
Thunder
Warrior
Wing-Beast
Zombie

Each one of us, took something here. and we built something that belongs souly to us, filled with the things WE LOVE about the game. and like i said before. when we draw that "Something" that Something that we based our deck arounds. that something we love. We feel a since of achievement. you could even say we feel truthfully alive. That is the passion of the duel. thats what it means to be a duelist
Back to top Go down
HighPriestSeto
HighPriestSetoPhoton Red

PostSubject: Re: Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary    Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 7:36 am

Duel Diary #5, Currently i find myself to be stuck in a losing streak.. New projects are failing, my mains are not winning. currently this makes me below the bracket and below the expectations of Red Dorm. I must find the means to break the mental walls that are keeping me from advancing to the next level in my ability to duel.. I think part of my issue is "Synergy" not being able to get the crds i want/need into my hand or bored when i command them to.. i feel if i can learn how to forcefully create my own hands in a duel than i could make my decks work faster and get more out of my own talents. but at the same time i honestly believe that unless you get a hand of all tribute monsters that you CAN NOT PLAY than it is up to the duelist to figure out how to use his hand and to for see every turn of event as it plays out.
Back to top Go down
SnackPack
SnackPackTester

Posts Posts : 195
Join date Join date : 2014-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary    Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 9:16 am

Yo, i love these , keep on doin em Very Happy
Back to top Go down
[finalpain]Alpha
[finalpain]AlphaModerator

Posts Posts : 462
Join date Join date : 2014-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary    Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 18, 2014 9:02 pm

awesome
Back to top Go down
SacredPharaohAtem
SacredPharaohAtemUntested

Posts Posts : 13
Join date Join date : 2014-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary    Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 3:50 pm

Well, like the Pharaoh here i find my old name XD i forgot this was the name i used. well i can't recall the password so  its whatever. but i'll be restarting the duel dairies again as soon as i get into a new dorm room.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary    Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seto's Dorm & Duel Diary

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1